Governor Juan F. Luis Hospital
- Gov. Juan F. Luis Hospital is the sole-safety net of the St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. Over the last few years the government run hospital has experienced a number of severe challenges including a financial emergency declared in 2011, staffing cuts, and insurance and reimbursement challenges. In need for a comprehensive crisis management and communications plan for both internal and external audiences.
A multi-layered communication strategy with the goal to be transparent with the community and hospital personnel and to regain trust.
- Upfront’s & Hello Everyone: L2L wrote a series of open letters to staff & community outlining challenges and corrective steps being taken
- Crisis Management: L2L created a Crisis Managment plan and media trained personnel to effectively address sensitive situations including salary reduction and layoffs.
- Public Relations & Media Tours: Press releases, media advisories and interviews to share urgent news.
- Town Hall Meetings: To generate community ‘conversations’ and group solution planning.
- Social Media: A strategic plan to launch and leverage social media effectively.
- Branding: L2L created a new brand image including new logo and all pertinent pieces that reflected a new chapter in the hospital’s history.
- Event Planning & Fundraising: Orchestrated participation in several key local events and also the 1st Annual Women & Children’s Caribbean Conference which raised over $50K with a Cardiac Symposium slated for Feb. 2013.
- A single minded audacious goal: “To be the most patient-family centered health system in the Caribbean by 2020”.
- Planning and identifying areas of revenue growth
- Improving ROI
- Organizing and removing barriers to innovation, transformation and high performance
- Business navigator and deployment
- Effective communications and marketing plans