- Awareness of PBS Teachers.org among teachers was relatively low.
- PBS Teachers featured a wide array of free teacher resources based on the dynamic and educational programming featured on its air.
- Research from teachers suggested that teachers feel underappreciated and not recognized for their hard work.
- The area of STEM has been a large focus nationally within the world of education.
GENERATE AWARENESS AND TRAFFIC AMONG TEACHERS!
- Created the PBS Teachers Innovation Awards, now in its 2nd year.
- Oversaw the program’s positioning, messaging and all marketing collateral including email campaigns, advertising, social media etc.
- Developed PBS station tool kit to promote the program in their community.
- Supported PBS sponsorship in their efforts to secure Elmer’s as a national sponsor.
- Strategized the most of effective use of media dollars across online media and social networking.
- Produced PBS Teachers Innovation award video and hosted a winner innovation meeting at the PBS Annual Conference.
- Participation by PBS executives in the White House press conference for “Educate to Innovate.”
- Secured more than 700 entries to the program.
- Strong Media and Advertising Campaign results totaling 39,510,361 impressions.
- Online buzz from leading educational blogs on all PBS networks nationwide such as HotChalk, Edutopia and Ad Network as well as national and regional media outlets.
- Attracted a younger teacher audience.